Thứ Sáu, 28 tháng 12, 2012

Scallop Congee (Cháo Sò Điệp)


Scallop Congee (Cháo Sò Điệp) is one of my most favorite cooked congee for weekend lunch. It is also one of Best Vietnamese Food in our country. Okay, make Scallop Porridge for those who are more familiar with the word porridge. Actually, it is the same and whichever name you call it, it will still taste as good though I suspect the word “congee” sounds much more sophisticated and refined to be used.
 
scallop-congee-chao-so-diep
Scallop Congee (Cháo Sò Điệp)
 
For this Best Vietnamese Food, I use dried scallops which I purchase from the wet market. You can get them from supermarkets and some Chinese herbal shops or even, dried sea produce. I use those which are relatively small in size – perhaps about the size of half popcorn as they are cheap and easy to cook. 
 
scallop-congee-chao-so-diep
Scallop Congee (Cháo Sò Điệp)
 
In the picture above, the scallop congee appears white in color. I have a habit of eating my scallop congee with an egg. What I would do is to break an egg into the bowl and pour boiling congee over it before giving it a good stir. The egg gives the congee a much smoother texture and definitely tastes better.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét