Thứ Sáu, 14 tháng 12, 2012

Grilled Beef with Multi Flavor (Bò Nướng Ngũ Vị)

I do not know what to call this Best Vietnamese Food in English and will settle for the name Grilled Beef with Multi Flavor (Bò Nướng Ngũ Vị). It is going to be rather lengthy if I would call it based on what I did to the beef. And if you have a chance to visit Vietnam, make sure that you will not miss this dish on your journey.
 
grilled-beef-with-multi-flavor-bo-nuong-ngu-vi
Grilled Beef with Multi Flavor (Bò Nướng Ngũ Vị)
 
I had the inspiration to cook this Best Vietnamese Food based on what I had in small restaurant in Bien Hoa. What I ate in the said restaurant was essentially tender pieces of beef lightly boiled in steamboat. It tastes really good and I was figuring out what went into the marinade. With some suspicion here and there, I reckoned that it involved the use of preserved bean curd and sesame oil. Since I do not have steamboat feasts at home on a regular basis, I decided to give it a stir-fry instead. The stir-fry turned out really nice and “exotic”.
 
grilled-beef-with-multi-flavor-bo-nuong-ngu-vi
Grilled Beef with Multi Flavor (Bò Nướng Ngũ Vị)
 
This Best Vietnamese Food has a slightly spicy taste to it due to the use of the preserved bean curd. The preserved bean curd and fragrance of sesame oil matched well with the natural taste of the tender slices of beef. I would say that it tastes quite unusual from the common beef stir fries. Then again, it depends on one’s preference for preserved bean curd (which is sold in small bottles). I used the spicy preserved bean curd which is different from the red preserved bean curd (which has deep-red colored preserve). If you are adventurous enough and can get your hands on these ingredients, give this dish a try. After all, cooking time is around 3 minutes or less only.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét